Final Fantasy XI

Wow. Last night I spent about 2 hours playing the FFXI beta on my Xbox 360, and I have to say, it was simultaneously the most frustrating 2 hrs. and the most exciting 1/2 hr I have put into my 360 so far. Because this game is TOUGH. No BS here, it throws you into a super-complex MMORPG with no tutorial, no idea were to go, and endless scrolling menus mapped to every button on the controller. After the first hour, I still didn't know enough to start the first quest, or how even get out of the city. Since the game does not support in-game chat, only keyboards, I was going nuts trying to type messages to other players until i remembered that you can have Private Chat channels to other players. After that, I got together with 3 other players, linked ourselves together, and started exploring....and it was pretty cool... the combat is slow and satisfying, and it really started to take off after a few minutes getting to know the other guys playing. Unfortunately, I don't think I can invest the time it takes to make it very far in this beta. Oh well.

Here is an overview of the game, by DigitalBackspin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wii console number [update]

Holy Fucking SHIT!!!!!!!