PS3 is having launch problems? Noooo.......



check out this post from LootNinja, who says the PS3's HD BluRay playback has some MAJOR problems......

So I’ve found pretty quickly that the PS3 has some MAJOR High Definition scaling issues. It’s affecting almost everyone in both games and movies. Many games made for 1080p won’t scale properly to 1080i, and sometimes 720p. I’m having a huge issue with Blu-Ray movies. It shows as 1080i (even though I have my HDTV setup as 720p in the Media Bar), but it’s very grainy and looks like standard DVD. I spent 2 hours on the phone tonight with Sony Customer Support trying to troubleshoot the issue. The first guy I spoke with for 45 minutes, and he was about as smart as a retarded monkey. He was basically telling me that my HDTV was broken because it can’t display 720p, even though I told him some games and all downloaded content displays fine at 720p. He wanted me to try a few things and call back. So 20 minutes later, I called back and spoke to a fairly helpful woman. After reading what happened in the last phone conversation, she put me on hold for 2 minutes, and came back and said it’s a known issue that is being looked into. I told her how angry I was about spending a shitload of money on a PS3 and Blu-Ray movies for it all not to work as it should (and highly advertised by Sony). She said a firmware update should be available “in the next couple days” and that their team is “aware it’s a major issue and will be fixing it quickly.” Yeah, I’m sure that means 2 months before we see anything.

It’s pretty sad how broken the PS3 is. There’s tons of issues people are coming up. You’d think they’d do some better QA. I also found that it will completely freeze up if you try to reply to any messages you have on the system. Aside from that, there’s a ton of annoyances that could be fixed fairly easily. For instance, getting notifications of messages and when friends come online, like on 360, background downloading and queuing of downloads in the PlayStation Store, like on 360, a more unified online presence (same friends list in the XMB and across all games), like on 360. Sony has seen Microsoft make all these huge advances that people have come to expect and love, and haven’t done a thing to incorporate any of it into their system. Hopefully we’ll see it soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wii console number [update]

Holy Fucking SHIT!!!!!!!