Perler Bead Art

I finally took the plunge this weekend, and dove headlong into making Pearler Bead NES characters, after stealing the idea from this Flickr photoset. I've been wanting to do this for a loooong time, and Saturday i found myself in a hobby store, wandering around while my wife shopped for yarn. Inspiration grabbed me by the nuts, and i walked out with 2 sets of Pearler beads. after getting a sprite of Mario to try it out, i sat down to get busy.


I bought bucket and a smaller package with the clear pegboard to make it a bit easier to copy stuff i print out.

the ghetto bucket, with 6000 pieces

the template i used for mario

the finished mario piece.


I'm going to try and make some more complicated characters once i get used to the process. that flickr photoset has great examples, but i really do want to make original stuff. we'll see how long it takes to get bored.

Comments

Random J said…
*LOL @ the 'ghetto bucket'*

Popular posts from this blog

Wii console number [update]

Holy Fucking SHIT!!!!!!!